Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Phantom of the Opera and other DVDs

A week ago, I was at the video store for the Star Wars episode three DVD only to find out that the said DVD will be released here in the Philippines on the 9th.

Anyways, since I was already there, I decided to look around. What caught my eye was the Phantom of the Opera.

I might have already bought it until I found out that it was released locally by C Interactive. It was a great disappointment.

I already have The Family Man starring Nicolas Cage and Tea Leoni and the C Interactive DVD was crap! There are no special features, no subtitles, and the media itself is crap as well.

I have also seen another C Interactive DVD -- A Walk to Remember -- and it was crap, too.

After those two, I swore never to buy a C Interactive DVD anymore! C Interactive DVDs are almost at the same level as the PhP299.00 DVDs! These are crap and should not even be bought!

I can't believe these cheap DVDs are proliferating the market. And if I were to compare the contents of these cheap ones, the pirated copies have better content except for the video quality, the reason why I still opt for the original ones.

Good thing that Region 1 DVDs were available for the second and third Lord of the Rings installments. I got those. My first episode (extended version) was Region 1 as well. And I am waiting for my second and third extended versions to arrive.

Maybe in a few months, when I have saved some money again, I'll get my Phantom of the Opera from Amazon. Thank God for Amazon!

No comments: