Saturday, June 04, 2005

Thank you, Hotmail

Finally, Microsoft has implemented what it announced last November, that free Hotmail accounts will no longer be supporting Outlook and Outlook Express.

And much to my dismay, I have decided to say "thank you, Hotmail."

Hotmail has always been good with me except for very rare instances when I am not able to access it. But other than that I was happy with Hotmail even when I only had 2 megs of storage.

Two megs was just enough for me. I actually used Outlook Express to access my Hotmail then.

But then Microsoft finally decided on the relationship between Hotmail and Outlook and Outlook Express.

So I had to say goodbye, and thank you. Inasmuch as I don't agree with Microsoft's decision, I guess I can't do anything about it. The Microsoft Philippines guys can only defend Microsoft when I had to discuss with them in their forums that there are alternative ways in order to curb spam and do away with the "divorce." But that was expected of them.

So again, thank you, Hotmail. You've been good with me then. I wish you well.

2 comments:

Leo said...

I thought it was a temporary glitch. Had no idea this was part of their plan. Not sure if I'm ready to say thank you and leave them though.

streetstopper said...

leo,

thanks for the comment, and for being the first one to do so LOL!

yeah, you may have been right. it might have been a glitch because i can again access hotmail through outlook express.

but can you imagine a glitch that lasted more than 24 hours? i think i was not able to access my hotmail accounts for two days. and that's so bad LOL!

anyways, thanks again for the comment!