Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sidewalk

I needed to call a bank yesterday, Monday.

For quite a long time, I have noticed one bank along Vito Cruz in Pasay which would rather have the pedestrians use the main road instead of allowing them to use the sidewalk when their armored cars are positioned in front of their offices.

I mean, come on! The sidewalk is for the pedestrians and not a security area which they could consider as a "strictly for personnel only" area.

I called up the directory assistance of PLDT. They gave me the number of the bank, and connected me automatically (for PhP2.00). I tried calling over and over, but each time I'd get a "sorry, that extension is not available" when I press zero to be connected to the operator. That's what the prompt tells me anyways. "Press zero to reach the operator."

I got on the net and found that I needed to dial 222 in order to get to the customer service. I have to admit I had a hard time looking for the site of the bank. I even got the information on a Malaysian bank's site. There was no www.the-name-of-the-bank.com.ph or even www.the-name-of-the-bank.com!

I called once more, and dialled 222 for the extension.

Beng, the girl who got my call informed me that they don't have an operator. Uggghhh!

So anyways, the reason why I called was because of their armored car in front their office. No one could use the sidewalk because even their security personnel would point the pedestrians to the highway. I was one of them!

Beng informed me that she will elevate the concern and even admitted that they too have experienced the same - that they have to use the highway at times.

Oh well, let's see in two months if this topic is going to be re-discussed. Maybe by then, I will name what is the name of the bank.

No comments: